If you see anything that interests you or would like to commission me contact me at simplytreasured99@hotmail.com
or visit my website at website


Friday, October 05, 2007

ANOTHER CREATIVE RECYCLING ARTIST

I have come across another recyling artist in my search on the internet. I can never get enough of viewing recylced art. It takes such imagination and creativity to create as they do. To take some everyday ordinary item and view and use it in a totally different direction creating a unique piece of art is an artform of it's own.

Lane (the only name he seems to go by) creates whimsical original sculptures from recycled castaways. They seem to have a character of their own as in the piece shown below. Who would think to use a wall socket for a body? I haven't seen that done yet. Another type of 'functional artwork' he produces are his lamps. The lampshades appear to be made from recycled license plates.Lane recycles plain metal parts into his sculptures and lamps. His work can be seen at Gallery Zipp, near Santa Fe, New Mexico, at Adelante, in Scottsdale, Arizona, and at Ghost Town Trading Company, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Okay, I'm going to go google some more and find other amazing artists out there. I cannot get enough of recycling!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Those works are just too cool, thanks for sharing!

trish said...

His work is fascinating isn't it. Think I am hooked on surfing the net in recycling!!

Elaine Kerr said...

Lane Patterson makes neat stuff! Thanks for showing this.

trish said...

I agree Elaine. I popped over and checked out your blog. Love it and would love exchange links with you.