If you see anything that interests you or would like to commission me contact me at simplytreasured99@hotmail.com
or visit my website at website


Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A BIT OF EGYPT


I am in the middle of helping a young friend prepare to decorate her bedroom in her new home. She has a very avid interest in Egyptian history and for a 14 year old is very up on the subject. So it was only natural that we decided to create an Egyptian theme in her bedroom. As I love to decorate almost as much as I love to paint I am very thrilled to be helping her with this project. Since we can't actually get into the new home for a few more weeks we are working on preparing accessories and such for the room. I decided to make some paintings for her that would fit in to her theme. We are leaning towards a Cleopatra type setting so of course she wants it filled with authentic looking Egyptian artifacts and art. Here is a painting I created for her based on the "Eye of Ra". Turned out so nice I think I might recreate it on a larger canvas and offer it for sale. Let me know what you think.

No comments: