If you see anything that interests you or would like to commission me contact me at simplytreasured99@hotmail.com
or visit my website at website


Thursday, May 10, 2007

DIY GAL


Okay by now you may have come to the conclusion that I love to recycle. Not only is it great for the environment but it gives us a chance to experiment and test our talents and abilities. If you gave it a try you would be amazed at the endless possibilities. One of the truest things I have ever heard is "One man's junk is another man's treasure". Although in this case it's this gal's treasure!


My children and my friends know what a 'packrat' I am. I recently asked my daughter's boyfriend to give me all his empty soda cans rather than send them to recycling (I have an art project in mind). My daughter told him not to!!!!!! Okay, so the two bedroom apartment we share has slowly been taken over by mom's castaways. So what if the diningroom is full of my 'junk'. We are seldom home at the same time to sit down and dine anyway!

In this blog I plan to post tips and ideas on converting those unwanted items into functional, decorative artwork for your home. Please check back shortly.

http://www.simplyart.tk