If you see anything that interests you or would like to commission me contact me at simplytreasured99@hotmail.com
or visit my website at website


Friday, May 18, 2007

PAPER MACHE ART

I admit I have become somewhat obsessed with paper mache. As an artist I love to try different mediums and paper mache gives me an opportunity to be very creative. Above was my first attempt at making paper mache figurines and believe me they were not as easy as I thought. However, being the type to just jump in there and not follow directions it is no wonder they came out a little bit crude. :)However, that didn't stop me from continuing on in this medium of art. Where else can you find an artform that costs so little to make and where you can create almost anything? And I mean almost anything. I have seen artists create furniture that held up for years and years with the same durability as wood. How impressive is that? So I went on to experiment further. Starting with simple things such as bowls, which just weren't exciting or creative enough for me.